Selected by American Arbitration Association®
Arbitrator and Los Angeles Trial Lawyer
- Representative arbitrations as Arbitrator include:
- Arbitration by internet network against affiliate marketing network for injunction, penalties and damages over alleged CAN-SPAM Act violations, spamming, phishing, and contract issues
- Arbitration over large ocean-front real estate development, including contract, ownership, personal guarantees and environmental issues
- Numerous arbitrations involving contract disputes, torts, competition, distribution issues and declaratory relief in a variety of industries, from film to commercial laundries, airline to grocery
- Numerous arbitrations involving sales and acquisitions of businesses, including software, toys, transportation, entertainment production, children’s products and retail stores
- Numerous arbitrations involving breakup, dissolution, competition, between and among businesses and partnerships in the entertainment business
- Arbitration between talent and personal manager involving claims of exclusive Labor Commissioner jurisdiction under Talent Agency Act which resulted in United States Supreme Court opinion upholding arbitration clause
- Contract dispute between patent-holder and national distributor of automotive products, involving distribution issues, IP rights, royalties, safety issues, accounting and requests for injunction
- Arbitration involving claims by and against a thrift and loan involving contract, security, defaults and guarantees
- Multiple arbitrations between nationally known restaurants and investors over trademarks, trade names, intellectual property, fiduciary duties and contract rights
- Contract, tort, accounting arbitration involving dissolution of prominent personal management firm in the music business
- Arbitration over contract, royalty and merchandising rights from highly successful movie franchise
- Multiple arbitrations over name, likeness and royalty rights involving celebrities and film stars, including contract distributions and new media issues
- Numerous personal injury arbitrations, including products liability issues, fault allocation, negligence, damages and disputes between parties, and between insureds and insurers
- Multiple insured/insurer coverage disputes involving liability and property insurance issues
- Multiple arbitrations involving installations of large computer systems, including claims of defective products, warranty, software issues, hardware defects, fault allocation, contract claims, and lost business
- Arbitration involving hospital conversion to electronic record-keeping, alleged over-billing, defects, accounting and software development issues
- Arbitration involving management, rights, ownership, and acquisition of casino
- Multiple investor/broker disputes involving negligence claims, contract issues, alleged churning, account management and trading
- Multiple arbitrations between telecommunications companies and business customers involving contract, warranty, installation, service, specifications and representations
- Dispute regarding major hotel fire, responsibility, and property damage
- Multiple arbitrations involving music libraries and contract breaches involving music production, distribution rights, competition and royalties
- Numerous arbitrations involving media and film productions, distributions, royalties, promotions, joint ventures, accountings, contract issues and breaches, and declaratory relief
- Multiple arbitrations involving media networks and affiliates, and communications networks and affiliates, contract breaches, distribution issues, damages, competition and declaratory relief
- Multiple arbitrations between talent, artist and personal management and/or talent agencies over rights, contract breaches and compensation, including arbitration between agent and NBA player
- Contract dispute over distribution and intellectual property rights involving hit reality television show
- Arbitration between production company and studio involving distribution, new media rights, contract issues, royalties
- Arbitration involving claims of fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, dissolution of a gold and commodities business
- Arbitration involving brand protection, name issues, and magazine title
- Arbitration involving airline parts and products, claims of warranty, deficiencies, specifications
- Arbitration between maker of grocery products and national grocery store chain involving product placement, contract, warranties, and distribution
- Arbitration involving disposition of film library
- Arbitration involving franchise and franchisor, regarding investments, competition, leases, defaults and guarantees
- Numerous arbitrations involving the breakup of professional practices in law, medicine, dentistry, business management, personal management and accounting involving competition, accounting, contract, dissolution and partnership issues.
Founder, Boesch Law Group
* Founder, Boesch Law Group, 2000-present;
* Founder and Senior Partner, Kinsella, Boesch, Fujikawa & Towle, 1978-2000;
* Attorney, Litigation, Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher, 1974-78.
Trial lawyer for thirty-four years, responsible for a broad range of commercial, entertainment, contract, and tort cases in state and federal courts and before numerous arbitration panels. Extensive experience in communications and in the entertainment business. American Arbitration Association arbitrator for twenty-two years, responsible for handling diverse range of large and complex cases. Has been admitted before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Courts of Appeal, California Courts of Appeal, and numerous U.S. District Courts and state trial courts in California, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Experience
Has served as an arbitrator or mediator on a variety of cases and disputes involving acquisitions, agency, actor’s rights, artist management, assignments, business management, cable rights, commercial transactions, communications, computer systems, contracts, control issues, copyright, corporations, defaults, distribution rights, employment, entertainment, estates, film, fraud, guarantees, insurance, intellectual property, injunctions, Internet, investments, libel, marketing and sales, media, new media, mergers, mortgages, movies, music rights, negligence, partnerships, personal injury, personal management, products liability, real estate, securities, sports, syndication rights, takeovers, telecommunications, television, tort, trademarks, trade names, trusts, and unfair competition. Has also served as advocate for hundreds of clients in arbitration and mediation on a similarly diverse range of large and complex cases. Member, AAA Commercial Panel and Large Complex Case Panel (LCCP).
Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
* Arbitration Training 1986; Mediation Training 1988;
* AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training, Update 2000;
* Arbitrator Update 2003;
* Faculty for several AAA ADR and advocacy programs.
Professional Licenses and Associations
* Admitted to the Bar: California, 1974;
* U.S. District Court, District of California, 1974;
* U.S. Supreme Court, 1983;
* admitted pro hac vice to numerous district and state courts;
* California State Bar Association;
* Tree People, Inc. (Board of Directors)
* Heal the Bay, Inc. (Past President);
* Wildwood School (Past Board of Trustees).
* Brown University (AB, cum laude-1971);
* Duke University (JD, with distinction, Note and Comment Editor of Law Journal-1974).
* “Cameras in the Courtroom,” CALIFORNIA JUDGES ASSOCIATION HANDBOOK, THE COURTS AND THE NEWS MEDIA;
* articles in the DUKE LAW JOURNAL.
$525 Per Hour
Within thirty days of commencement of the hearing, any request to take hearing dates off calendar and any request for continuance which has the same effect shall result in a cancellation fee equal to one-half of the expected compensation for the cancelled dates.