Mr. Abdou specializes in representing public and private companies with an emphasis on complex business and securities strategies, assisting emerging growth companies, technology, commercial real estate, bankruptcy law, medical manufacturing, and the entertainment and gaming industries. Mr. Abdou regularly negotiates and assists companies in various stages of financing, business formation, corporate governance and, more broadly, assists emerging growth companies as outside general counsel and as a business advisory consultant/strategist. Mr. Abdou is “of counsel” to the Boesch Law Group.
University of Santa Monica (M.A., Spiritual Psychology, 2010); University of California, Berkley (J.D., 1999); University of Southern California (B.A., Biological Sciences, 1996).
Founder and Managing Partner, Libertas Law Group (2009 to present); General Counsel and Senior Vice President, GTX Corporation (2008-2009); Partner, Richard & Patel, LLP Los Angeles (2003-2008); Associate, Greenberg Traurig, LLP (2001-2003).
Super Lawyers Rising Star in Southern California, 2008-2009
Founding Director, Project PLAY! (2007-present);Director/Head of Acquisitions, Tianyi Investment Group (2012-present); Director, NMS Capital Group, LLC (2010-present); Director, ZEP Jonway, Inc. (2009-2013); Founding Member, Advisory Board for California Executives (2007-2009); Co-Chair of Finance Committee for Voices of Uganda, Voices in Harmony (2006); Admitted to Appear, United States District Court, Central District of California; Admitted to California State Bar, 1999.
- Successfully represented companies with regard to business formations and corporate restructuring.
- Successfully represented, assisted and negotiated with debt and equity lenders, including for a large Las Vegas casino financing project.
- Successfully represented and assisted clients with mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, management takeovers, and federal securities compliance.
- Successfully represented clients with respect to private equity and venture capital financing, alternative public offerings, reverse mergers with PIPE investments, SEC compliance matters, corporate compliance and governance, employment, distribution, intellectual property agreements, and stock transfers and trading issues.
- Successfully represented clients as general counsel and assisted companies as a business consultant/strategist.