Trucks are complex machines that must be operated carefully. Unfortunately, the drive for profit often pushes truck drivers and trucking companies in the other direction, resulting in serious accidents that could have been avoided if someone had been more careful.
At the Boesch Law Group, our team of experienced Los Angeles trucking accident attorneys pursue personal injury and wrongful death claims on behalf of clients in the greater Los Angeles area.
Our lead attorney, Philip W. Boesch, Jr., has been practicing law in California for more than thirty years. If you have been injured or have lost a loved one due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Understanding How Truck Accidents Happen and Who is at Fault
Trucking accidents have many different causes. Everyone involved in the trucking industry knows the risks associated with trucking, but some choose to ignore these risks, putting others in danger. The following are some of the most common truck accident causes:
* Improper maintenance: Trucking companies are required to follow strict maintenance schedules in order to make sure their trucks are safe to drive at all times.
* Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are required to take regular breaks and keep logs of their driving time in order to make sure they are not spending too much time on the road.
* Blind spots: Because trucks have large blind spots, drivers must take special precautions to avoid hitting other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians while they are executing turns.
* Brake failure: The brakes on trucks are particularly likely to wear out and fail if they are not regularly maintained, inspected and replaced when necessary.
* Overloading and unbalanced loads: Trucks are only designed to carry so much weight, and that weight needs to be carefully distributed before a truck can be driven safely.
* Alcohol and drug abuse: Even relatively small amounts of alcohol and other drugs can significantly impair the ability of truck drivers to do their jobs safely.
Our attorneys move quickly to identify the causes of trucking accidents so that we can use that information to pursue fair compensation for people who have been injured and the families of those who have been killed. Let us put our experience and passion to work for you.
DISCLAIMER: The materials on this website are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice, legal opinion or any other advice on any specific facts or circumstances. Readers should not act or refrain from acting upon this information without seeking professional advice.
Transmission of information on or by use of this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship between the sender and receiver. Such communications will not be treated as confidential. Photographs and other graphics may be for dramatization purposes only and may include models. Likenesses do not necessarily imply current client, partnership or employee status.